Jalapeno Popper Chicken Recipe
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast
For the jalapeno popper topping:
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 2 jalapenos, deveined, deseeded and diced
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise or Greek yogurt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
For the topping:
- ½ cup crushed butter crackers (1/2 sleeve)
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Place chicken breasts in a small casserole dish and bake until juices run clear when pricked, about 45 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, prepare jalapeno popper topping for chicken. Add bacon, jalapenos, and onions to a small skillet and fry until bacon is crispy and jalapenos and onions are tender.
- Remove from heat and add to a small mixing bowl.
- Add cream cheese, mayonnaise or yogurt, and cheeses to mixing bowl and cream together with bacon mixture until well-combined.
- Remove chicken from oven and reduce oven heat to 350º F.
- Spread jalapeno popper topping on top of chicken until well-covered.
- For the topping, mix together crushed crackers, cheese, and melted butter. Sprinkle on top of jalapeno popper topped chicken.
- Bake until crackers are lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.