Field Of Guacamole Dip Recipe
- 6 large (weighing about 8ounces EACH) ripe, fresh Hass avocados , seeded, peeled and cut in chunks
- 3 limes, juiced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 medium sweet white onion, diced
- 2 large ripe Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 medium fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded if desired, and diced
- 2 cups Mexican-blend finely grated cheese OR finely grated Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 pint sour cream
- Food coloring for team colors (optional)
- Colored tortilla chips for dipping
- Mash avocados with lime juice and salt in a large bowl, until just creamy. Add diced onion, tomatoes, jalapenos and cilantro and combine gently.
- Stir in grated cheese.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with more salt if desired. In a 9-by-13-inch glass dish, spread mixture evenly and smoothly.
- If using sour cream for team colors, divide it into three bowls. Tint one portion with desired amount of food coloring, repeat for second bowl, and leave third bowl plain.
- To create design of guacamole, follow next procedure for piping, using three separate plastic zipper bags.
- Place sour cream in a zipper bag and squeeze carefully to let all air escape before sealing. Squeeze all the sour cream to one corner and snip a tiny hole in bottom of that corner. Use bag as a pastry bag to pipe design. Use plain white to pipe on the yard lines and colored sour creams to designate Xs for the defense and Os for the offense.
- Decorate with baby tomatoes as desired.
- Tuck a few tortilla chips around edges of dish to add color and eye-appeal.
- Place remaining chips in a serving basket.
Serve and watch guests tear up the field.
Makes 16 servings.