“This recipe comes from Legal Seafood, a restaurant in Boston.”
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons peeled and sliced ginger
- dried red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2-2 lbs salmon fillets
- Place the sugar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger, a dash of red pepper flakes, garlic and lime juice in a nonreactive saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the sauce forms a glaze.
- Set aside.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place the salmon on a broiler pan and baste with the sauce.
- Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Broil them until cooked through, about 8 minutes, basting again with the glaze.
- Remove the salmon from the heat and baste once more with the glaze before serving.